Tuesday, June 2, 2009

JD the Hammerhead

It's funny....seems like just when you think you are starting to feel good and gaining some confidence in your riding someone comes along and lets you know what being fit is all about. Or maybe it's just me.

I headed out with Daniel and JD yesterday for an evening ride and from the gun JD was straight killing it. Daniel and I were joking about JD's single speed being fast as hell...The bad news for me is that is wasn't a joke.

I found myself hanging on for dear life for most of the 2+ hours of riding. To make matters worse, as we slowed the pace a little bit on a flatter section some guy passed us like we were standing still!

So what did I learn from yesterdays lesson:

1. I have a long way to go until I am in shape again.
2. The nice guys are the ones to watch out for, they will rip your legs off
3. Be humble, there are a bunch of fast guys around here
4. Getting turned inside out on a ride is better than sitting at home on the couch any day of the week.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

co2cycle said...

Ben, you obviously have too many gears on your bike. Eliminate all of the slow ones.

DukePirate said...

Conversely, I think he's still saving all kinds of weight with his trad.-fabu v-brakes. Maybe they cancel each other out?