Thursday, March 5, 2009

NAHBS '09

Sorry for the delay but as some of you know,I got to go to the North American Handmade Bicycle Show. Results are as follows:


The Vanilla Workshop was, of course, in top form and seemed like they were a step ahead of everyone. All sorts of cool stuff is going on like seat masts and integrated bar/stem combos,
but my favorite feature was the special post mounts on the cross bikes that are meant to work with Paul canti brakes. They are even talking to Alpha Q about switching the studs on their carbon forks. Bad Ass.


One trend I noticed was color. It seems like everyone was doing everything in at least 6 colors. Not that I'm complaining.


Pictured here is my wonderful girlfriend Margaret who took me to the show for my birthday, along with a nifty solution to bicycle powered pet transport. The Rabbit in the cage's name was Enrique von Floppy-Bottom.

And of course here is me with my new best friend ever, Richard Sachs. I can't really describe how awkward/embarrassed I felt asking for a picture but it was worth it. What poise! What composure! Not only does he build bad ass bikes but he's also quite handsome and photogenic (unlike myself). I may have a mild man-crush... sorry Margaret.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! margaret wins the girlfriend of the year award for that present! most girlfriends/wives...etc....just roll their eyes bicycles and the time they fill in our lives.

DukePirate said...

Everything said above, twice.

co2cycle said...

eRICHIE is looking fancy. did anyone there offer to give us bikes?