Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Despite the Professor's woes...

Just checked the blog and noticed that our token hammerhead, aka The Professor, is issuing a futile attempt to convince the riders of the Durham peloton collectively that he is losing fitness.

I say heed not the pontifications of this wolf in sheeps clothing. He is a menace on both the road and the mountain. His inactivity signals just one thing to me...he will merely rip my legs off on the next ride with not only the traditional smile and cordail demeanor but a sigh and maybe a head shake..."I must be feeling ok afterall".

I have made the mistake of thinking that I was on a good day and he was not, believe me don't take the bait. He will punish you and be as nice and polite about it. In fact, I am not even sure that he believe this living in Oregon thing, if I didn't know better I would say that he oozes Southern Charm and Hospitality. You know nice and sweet on the surface but a rattlesnake just below.

So do all you readers out there, don't believe the hype...Chris is fit, was fit and probable always will be fit.

The only hope that i have is that he takes up smoking...

Chris, you know I am just kidding...your my boy.

2 comments:

DukePirate said...

I say heed not the pontifications of this wolf in sheep's clothing.

I like how you get all Biblical here, and I imagine you channeling Charleton-Heston-as-Moses when you say it.

And yep, the Professor is not to be trusted, not to be trusted at all...

co2cycle said...

In shape or not, the lack of mountain biking has left my hands soft and delicate. Like a fresh crepe or Pirate's lyrical blogging. I got crazy blisters on them after an hour of riding at Crabtree (thankfully, no photos were taken). I'm getting soft, fellas. Please send me a most extreme energy drink, stat!